Thursday, February 25, 2010

Review - Victoria Secret Lasting FX Eyeshadow Primer

Usually I do not like VS makeup, but a few months ago I picked up a VS concealer/corrector palette which I absolutely love. I decided that I would try some of the other products in their Pro makeup line.

Two weeks ago I spotted this eyeshadow primer, priced at $8, so I decided to try it.




PROS: I have been using this primer alot and it's great. The texture is light and silky and it disappears into the skin when applied. It is odorless and colorless. I experienced no creasing at all and the e/s colors appear more vibrant when applied over this primer. It definitely prolongs the life of my eyeshadow.

CONS: When this primer sits for a while, the product starts to separate a bit - When this happens you can get an oily film (for lack of a better word). To avoid this just shake well before before use or squeeze out all of the oil that has settled to the bottom. This is not a deal breaker for me, but some may find it annoying.

I would definitely recommend this primer as it is a great alternative to UDPP or TFSI. For me, this is a must have.

Have you guys tried any on the VS Pro products? I think they may be stepping up their makeup game.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Girl,I love your makeup looks...very pretty and soft looks..I'm new to the blogging world,so check me out and follow me..Thanks love...xoxo

    www.fashionstalker.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey doll! i stumbled upon your blog and you are a beauty...i really wanna try this since i get giftcards to vickys secret all the time..i like a few shades of there lipsticks..anyways urban decay eyeshadow primer is getting too expensive for me to keep up with..so i find i cant afford nice shadows..im gonna give this a go..thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jalyssackex - let me know how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you found this pro item at your vs?? i have the concealer pro palette that i LOVE, but haven't seen any pro items in the store??

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Yummy - yes ma'am! I was surprised to see it as well. I got it at the Vickie's in PG Plaza (of all places!). They are usually pretty good on stock too.

    ReplyDelete