Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Maybelline Dream Matte - My Thoughts

Hola! Let's get right to it.

Ok, let me reiterate once again that I am not a regular foundation wearer, however on the occasion that I do wear it, I want it to last all day and look as fresh as possible throughout the day. Usually I have dry skin but due to the recent increase in temperatures and humidity I become oily and shiny in my t-zone after a few hours. The problem is that the foundations that I own for personal use (not to be used on clients) are formulated for dry skin and are intended to leave skin looking moisturized…not good for me during this time of year.

I decided that I needed blow some money and get a summertime foundation to control my oilies. Enter Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. The website states:
  • Revolutionary air-soft mousse provides perfecting coverage for 100% velvet-matte perfection
  • Ideal for normal to oily skin
  • Fragrance-free, dermatologist-tested, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores, safe for sensitive skin
First off, the texture is not something that I’m used to seeing or feeling on my skin. It’s a light mousse consistency that spreads over the skin like buttah. I’ve worn it a few times on the hottest of days and can attest to all the claims. It definitely kept me matte all day, did not cause breakouts on my sensitive skin, and did not look cakey or heavy at all. I really love this foundation for the summer months. I also love that there is a good selection of darker colors in the line.

Take a look below.



BEFORE:


8:00am




AFTER:



5:30pm and still matte with the exception of my cheek area
 As you can see, after almost 10 hours of wear with NO blotting or reapplying throughout the day, my face is still matte. As you can tell by the hair there was a considerable amount of humidity, and based on the sweat where my sunglasses were, it was hot as Haites. This foundation performed excellently.

Other products used on face:
MAC MSFN
Wet N Wild bronzer
NYX Terra Cotta blush
Buxom mascara
Revlon lip Butter in Sweet Tart









No comments:

Post a Comment