Sunday, January 24, 2010

Things I'm loving

Hey Ladies!
It's been about a week since I've last blogged..I've been super busy. I just started a Masters program and have been getting back into the swing of school. Wish me luck!

I would really like to do a FOTD, but my skin is in disarray. It's super dry and flaky...not a good look :-( On a positive note, I think I may have found a remedy thanks to Recssionista! at NouveauCheap.blogspot.com (this girl is awesome!) She reviewed L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin and it sounded promising so I picked it up at my local Rite Aid. I'm not going to do a complete review just yet, but after the first use my skin feels soft and is dry skin/flake free without feeling irritated. I want to use it on a more consistent basis before I do a review, but BABY...THIS STUFF IS GOOD!

Ok, so on to products that I love...these items are all affordable and have all become a vital part of my beauty routine.

ELF Eyebrow Treat & Tame - I only love the Treat side





One side of this product tames the brows in the form of a mascara wand and dark brown gel (I have the darkest shade which is still too light for me). The other side is a clear gel. The website boasts, "a hair re-growth, vitamin infused gel formula to help stimulate hair follicules so your once thin and sparse brows become thicker". I was skeptical but still gave it a try and I am totally impressed. After a few weeks of use, I've seen a significant difference in my brows. The appear fuller and thicker. This product retails for $3 at eyeslipsface.com







Milani Shadow Wear Eye Shadow Quad in 02 Sedona Sunset



I got this at CVS for 75% off (I think the original price was $6.99). I use this almost everytime I want a clean, neutral look. The colors are highly pigmented and easily blendable and it is the perfect quad for work/office makeup which means that it gets plenty of use from me.






Studio Tools Dual Finish Skunk Brush



Best. Brush. Ever. This brush is a great dupe for MAC's 187 brush. The bristles are super soft without being flimsy. It deposits just the right amount of bronzer/cheek color. It can also be used to apply foundation (although a little more time consuming the results are fab). This is my go to blush brush for a healthy, glowing cheek. Absolutely loves it. You can get it for $6.99 at Target.






Cover Girl Lash Blast




Let me start off my saying that I am not head-over-heels in love with this mascara, but we are developing a loving relationship. Before you people bite my head off, let me explain: My lashes are naturally pretty long and I was looking for this mascara to give me an amazing boost of...something...but it didn't. After using it more than once I do think that the brush is great. It separates the lashes and can define even the shortest lash. I've also learned that this mascara is quite buildable - I can apply several coats without any clumps and I can build up to that "something" that I was looking for initially. Got a great deal at Target - a pack of 2 for $7.

Do any of you ladies use these products? What are a some things that you are in love (or in a relationship) with?

No comments:

Post a Comment