Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Faves

 
Posted by Picasa






Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine – This is an awesome lip balm that give a slight lip gloss sheen. It’s super moisturizing and has a lovely, light scent. I purchased this in a pack of 2 other lip butters and this is by far my favorite…I think because of the color and smell since they are all the same formula.



Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Leave in Conditioner – LOVE. Truth be told I’ve been using this for a few years so technically it’s not a summer fave, but more of a general love! The scent…the ingredients…seriously, all LOVE! I’ve tried other products but I always come back to this one. It can be used on freshly washed, soaking wet hair, as a refresher on dry hair, to dampen the hair to prep for a style, etc. I find that I see less shedding when I use this; it also gives the hair moisture and shine, and aids in detangling. I would recommend this to everyone.



Shealoe Mix - I didn't take a picture of this because I mixed this up in an old shea butter container, but this concoction consists of pure shea butter, aloe vera gel, and some oil (I think I was a little heavy handed with the oil). Though I got great results from using it on my skin, I was skeptical about using it in my hair because I didn’t think I would get adequate hold. I was WRONG! I used this on my last two twist outs and got great results. The hold was amazing! I’ll post do a separate hair post soon.



Eve Pearl Anti Shine Mattifying Gel – I picked these up during an Eve Pearl sale. I got one in Light/Med and one in Tan/Dark, which means nothing since they are both the same color…clear. Sure they come out of the tube a certain color, but they blend down to the same colorless hue. Really, Eve Pearl? Anywho, I’ve used this throughout the summer months and it definitely comes in handy for eliminating shine. What I do is dab it on top of my makeup and it quickly absorbs any oil or shininess. Works like a charm.

What are your summer favorites? Do we have any of the same favorites? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment