Wednesday, January 30, 2013

NARS PURE RADIANT TINTED MOISTURIZER

The Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF30/PA+++ has piqued my interest. A combination of the online buzz, my addiction to tinted moisturizers, and the fact that my MAC StudioTint is running low, led me to Sephora. The plan was to purchase this product, however the $42 price tag stopped me in my tracks. I opted, instead, to get a sample.

For the past few days I've been testing it out to see if I like it enough to purchase it. Here we gooo....

1st try:
The first day I tried it and hated it. I applied it after my regular moisturizer (with SPF) and primer and set it with my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural (MSFN). It was terrible. It had oxidized and made me look red/orange after about 4 hours of wear. I was a freaking grease ball after a few hours! Ummm, no ma'am.
Try again:
I decided that maybe I had done something wrong on the first day. On this day I used a very lightweight moisture serum (no moisturizer/no SPF), primer, then applied the NARS Tinted Moisturizer with my fingers. I set it with Korres Wild Rose Brightening/Flawless Finish setting powder, then pressed Neutrogena Shine Control powder onto my t-zone. It already looked much better! As a part of my experiment, I decided not to blot all day. See picture diary below

7:30 am : moisture serum and primer applied

TM applied; Note the dewy finish
8:00am : TM, concealer, powder/blush added


5:00pm: shiny as hell, but the coverage held up pretty well




Verdict:
As I stated, I decided not to blot for the entire day...unfortunaltely, I was oily by 10:30am! I tried this on multiple days with a varying combination of moisturizers and primers and had the same result. This tinted moisturizer does well when it comes to a lightweight coverage and alightweight  feel on the skin, however it was a miss for me. It left me entirely too oily too early in the day.

Have any of you ladies tried this tinited moisturizer?

No comments:

Post a Comment