Saturday, April 3, 2010

Minimal Look using Drugstore Makeup

Hi Beauties!

I've been forbidding myself from buying any makeup because I feel that I have quite enough and I am also trying to save money. With that said, I have put myself on a makeup budget which has forced me to choose wisely! It has also gotten me to fall back in love with drugstore makeup...honestly, I don't think I could ever fall out of love with drugstore makeup :-)

There are some great drugstore makeup gems out there, trust me. Lower end makeup is good for anyone on a budget or anyone who is just starting to get into makeup.

I did VERY minimal look today using all drugstore makeup. I was going for the barely-there-nude-but-bronze look (if that makes any sense). lol!





FACE:
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Dull Skin Primer
Milani Pressed Powder in Honey Amber - brushed lightly over the face w a fluffy brush
Wet N Wild Bronzer in Bali Bronze ($2.99 from Rite Aid)

EYES:
L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer (used ring finger to blend from lashline to brown and under eye for dark circles)
Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara

LIPS:
Rimmel lipgloss in Seduce

4 comments:

  1. Lovely and fresh! I emailed you last week, check your inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty look... minimal but your skin looks flawless. I love your brows as well. Your right drug store brands do have a great selection... I love it too. I was just in CVS earlier today...they had some great sales but I limited what I bought as well.. I have been spending way too much on makeup lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great look. Yes minimal is working for me. I like polished looks, but I need to scale back for a moment. Budget...a definite must. I stepped away from excessive spending too. I only allow myself to make big ($$$) purchases every 2-3 months. So far so good and it has definitely put me back in tune with my collection and with new drugstore products. Looking forward to your review of the Studio Secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vex in the City! Got the email yesterday and replied.

    TKOmulatta - Thank you! I could spend hours in the drugstore makeup aisles. lol

    ...ALLmEYEne... - Girl, I had to take a step back and look at where most of my money was going...and of course it was makeup (and food! UGH!). The Studio Secrets primer is interesting so far. It's definitely GREAT for photography, but I will keep you all posted as I use it more.

    ReplyDelete