Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wet N Wild palette

I was drugstore shopping a few weeks ago and came across this Wet N Wild palette.




Wet n Wild Limited Edition Color Icon Soiree Eyeshadow Quads (retail: $4.99 each) – I picked up Sumptuous.






The gold shade is a cream, glitter shadow and the other shades all offer some sort of shimmer/glitter, but nothing overwhelming. First of all, you NEED a PRIMER AND BASE when dealing with these shadows. I used ELF Mineral Eyeshadow primer. I utilized all of the colors in this palette in the look. It turned out ok – the colors are soft, and as you can see, there is some fallout on my face. The colors are pigmented upon application but when you start to blend the color fades. I would recommend a colored base when using this palette.



For me, this palette is not a complete miss, because it is workable. But the problem is – you gotta really WORK. lol. Would you ladies purchase this palette?

4 comments:

  1. the colors are actually pretty and I like the way that gold looks on your lower lashline... I don't think I would purchase this only because I have had this same kinda thing going on with some of my recent purchases which I just reviewed (essence, elf) that you really have to work with them... Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors look really pretty. WetnWild can be really hit or miss though. I haven't seen this in any stores by me yet.

    makeupaddict00.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lower lash line color is popping, but the colors do look a little bland. So tons of fallout? So I"m sure you wouldn't want to pack on more product to get more vibrant colors. Well at least you didn't pay tons of $$$ for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen these wet and wild palettes, but I guess its a good thing!

    ReplyDelete